Mar 8, 2011

Logo Studies for Manila Kid

Look what I found in my email this morning. Here are the logos that my creative director designed, and I can't help but shed a tear. Can't believe this is really happening! What started out as a vision is finally being translated into something concrete. It's like giving birth to a baby.







I like the color of the first one, very striking. And placing a dog beside the kid who's trying to reach something tells a lot. But I especially love the last design. I think it's very me and my brother but it doesn't capture the brand. Reminds me of Michael Kors. It looks very sartorial, sophisticated without losing the fun side. I'm looking for something that will speak to our target customers.

Remember the Team Manila logo where the iconic Rizal wore sunglasses? Phenomenal! It has a message to communicate and that's kinda what I want right now. Something with a story.

That being said, I really want to thank GM for creating these designs. To give a background, he was the one who taught me how to draw a realistic looking human back in prep school. I've known him for that long so I know he'll be perfect for this job:) Can't wait for what'll happen next:D

No comments: