Mar 8, 2011

Caffeine and Alcohol Free for 40 Days

Can't give up blogging because it will be the death of me. It's unimaginable to be MIA even for just 7 days so I'm abstaining from caffeine and alcohol instead for the next 40 days. But I have a problem, I'll be in Bora from April 5 to 8 (my birthday) so I'm not sure how to go without alcohol. I hope they move lent to skip those 4 days or something.


Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, but aside from just celebrating the usual mass and putting ashes on Catholics' foreheads, the University of Santo Tomas is going for the largest human cross

On Ash Wednesday, when Catholics the world over mark their foreheads with a sign of Christ’s saving cross, the parade grounds of the University of Santo Tomas will also be marked with a large human cross. About 24,000 administrators, faculty members, employees and students will gather at 4:00 p.m. to form a black-and-white Dominican cross at the parade grounds fronting the chapel and the grandstand. 


Good luck with that! Anyway, be sure to hear mass for those devoted Catholics because it's a holy day of obligation / the Church requires you to.

What are you going to give up for Lent?

No comments: