May 4, 2011

Millionaire by 24

It can be done.

I have a confession to make. I am jealous of the younger people who are more accomplished than I am. I'm surrounded by a few and they make me feel insecure. These are the people who have built strong solid brands, have influenced more people and have changed the culture of an institution because of the product of their magnificence. I'm planning to do the same but it is taking a while. Nevertheless, it can be done. This will hopefully help me become a millionaire by age 24. I wish.

I'm sure you are familiar with Joey Concepcion's Go Negosyo book. I gave copies to some friends but it was only last week that I bought something for my own. I need this book. You need motivation to get you started, but you need inspiration if you want to keep moving - and that book provides just that. It is comforting to read some stories of hope from these people. I always ask myself, if they can do it, why can't I?

I want to be a millionaire by 24 and going to office everyday in a corporate attire won't make the cut. It isn't enough. There must be a better way so I'm taking the road less traveled by building the Manila Kid brand and the bamboo farm in Quezon province (although this is one heck of a project). Definitely easier said than done because even right now there are already frustrations on the way but you gotta keep moving if you want to reach for those dreams.

If I were to give a tip to someone who has plans of making it big, I suggest he keep his goals close to him, literally. Put it on a piece of paper and post in on your room cork board, your book mark, your windshield or anywhere where you can see it easily. And believe that you can. Believing in your self is where it all starts - that's where you'll get that passion to drive yourself to success.

And when life fucks you - like what Justin Bieber said - never say never.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

No comments: