Jan 4, 2011

New Faces, New Org

This shoot is for a promo ad for an org relaunch. I usually have a stylist, a photographer and an assistant when I direct photo or video shoots, but I was four in one today. So after the shoot, I was dead tired (but not complaining because I felt some calories burned.)





I want to create this professional look, but relaxed and cool. Although we are a Harvard affiliated organization, we do not work in a rigid and highly academically centralized atmosphere. We are college students after all.





I now know the value of bringing fashion books/magazines and marking with post-its the pegs you want for a shoot because it somehow saved us time. I just have to show the models the style, look and emotion I was going for, then they act it out.




Our male model is Xea. He's one batch lower and he really looks very similar with the president of our counterpart org in Harvard. Before, I only used Caucasian looking models, but I think now is the perfect time to bring it back to Asia again.


The female model is Pau who first met me in Chictopia. She also works for Cosmopolitan magazine, owner of Shoe Struck and Sandwichitos (a food store in our school).


After the shoot, we saw this wild squirrel outside jumping from one tree to another. Haha! In Forbes Park, they freely roam and I wonder if anyone tried to catch one and make them into hats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel