Dec 13, 2010

Behind the Scenes of the NatCon Commercial

Last Saturday drained the energy I reserved for my Christmas shopping this weekend because we shot this commercial for our National Conference (see previous posts). I wasn't the one directing (or the one who'll edit) the video but the stress for the preparation like getting the right models and doing some contingency plan when 70% of the models who say they are willing to be shot didn't go. I kept calling people the night before to go to school the next day for the shoot, and with the help of Thea, our VP for HR, we hit the target 9 models (it was supposed to be 10)





People were also late and I am obsessive with being on time as much as possible so it really bugged me. Below are some of the photos taken during our shoot at CTC rooftop. It was amazing seeing this school in a new angle.




As much as I want to discuss the story of the commercial, I'll keep my mouth shut for now to surprise you guys. But you have to know that the whole team really worked hard for it to look perfect. Here are the numbers: 4 hours shoot in 5 locations for a 45-50 second commercial. I know it takes longer when you have a professional team, but that's the closest we can get to a professional video crew. 









We try to make the commercial as national as possible so the scenes are supposed to be shot in a place in Mindanao, Luzon and Visayas. I wanted it to look as authentic as possible without actually going to those islands (time and fund constraints) so what the director did was to shoot around school where the landscape would look something similar in those places.





Below is kinda my favorite scene. Here we have Mike, our AVP for Admin, with Brian Llamanzares - Fernando Poe's grandson and also a member of our org! He was in school for his National Service Training Program day and we saw him in the cafeteria. We invited him for a shoot since we lack a male model, and we're all glad that he agreed! 




I wasn't able to take photos of the scene at the University Dorm overlooking Marikina City. It's also a very lovely scene with Thea and rowing varsity Ari, but the battery of my camera went dead.

The commercial will be premiered on December 17 during our org's Christmas party! We'll also post it on facebook, and hopefully our media partners will also play it.

If you are interested in joining our National Conference, visit our website http://ateneohpair.org/

2 comments:

Thea Vega said...

</3 HAHAHA. Kidding, Neil.

Check out the SOM-CTC staircase/ garden -- it's perfectly symmetrical! ;)

Thea Vega said...

</3 HAHAHA. Kidding, Neil.

Check out the SOM-CTC staircase/ garden -- it's perfectly symmetrical! ;)