Mar 1, 2012

For Daring to Dream and Being an Inspiration

I was surfing through Chuvaness.com earlier and I was shocked (yes, shocked!) when one of the articles posted was about Lance Katigbak, 18 years old, UP Diliman. His name might not sound familiar yet, but this guy just won the People’s Choice award at the recent Manhattan International Film Festival in New York. His short film, Fine Dining, bested 14 entries from the United States, United Kingdom, India, Belgium, Rwanda, among other countries.


Why am I shocked? Lance was one of the contributors for Manila Kid. If my memory serves me right, he wrote an article on the RH Bill and a defense for the reaction of the church when the CCP/Mideo scandal errupted.

In a way, I feel very proud because a talent like his got to be known outside the country, because he dared to make a film that showed the different face of poverty, and because he is giving so much inspiration right now to other Filipino youth who have dreams of becoming film directors and artists.

Personally, these guys inspire me to not give up on bringing back Manila Kid! And it will be back, soon, 04/08/12!

No comments: