Mar 8, 2012

Just Wanting to Escape

Ah, nothing can compare to the scent of salty sea spray and the warm grainy sand in between my toes. I can smell and feel it even before leaving Binondo for our company outing. Finally, an escape! Or so I thought. 

On the way to Canyon Cove, I received a series of phone calls from two of the groups that I'm affiliated in. First call was from Mike regarding the release of the advertisements and the deliveries of the products. The other one was from Mrs. Alvarez, a friend / business partner of my mom, reminding me of the business proposal that I have to turn in the next day. Whew!

Around midnight, we had this activity where we needed to answer a thought-provoking question which reveals one's insecurities, hidden passions and other inhibitions. If you're not careful enough, most of the bosses are there to give you the axe. My question was (queue in the drum roll) "what would you do if you won the lotto and got a million pesos?" Well, I always wanted to have my own hot air balloon that I can ride whenever I want to escape. Yes, an escape that you don't get from drugs, alcohol or reading a book in Starbucks. I don't know how much a hot air balloon would cost, but I'm willing to buy a second-hand. These days, it's a luxury to have a quiet time with yourself.

Another question that I wish I could have gotten was "what is your dream job." Very tricky question. If I were to be sincere enough, I want to be the editor-in-chief of the most influential youth publication in the country (next time, world na). Imagine all the power vested on your hands. What you publish, the youth inhales. If given to the wrong person, it will such have devastating effects. I love the responsibility though.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I took while we're in the resort. We arrived at around 9pm and had to leave the next day. It's good that I got to watch the sunrise without my friends. How often can you escape the busy routine of preparing for work/school, and just sit outside to appreciate.













No comments: