Feb 20, 2010

My New Painting

What do you feel when you look at the painting? I did it only for 2 hours but it somehow captures what I want to say when words aren't enough.

I actually have a title in mind for this, but I guess it's not worth mentioning here since someone might get offended. Guess why - the title is a name of a person.

I was free for the rest of the afternoon so I got my brushes and paint, without anything in mind as my subject. And after few strokes from here and there, it turned out to be like this:

(acrylic on canvass)


Things have been depressing lately.

One shallow reason is that I spent my money that was supposed to be used to have my car retinted. I'm really weak at prioritizing my expenses. Just last week, I spent my tutor payment to buy this black leather jacket with leopard print lining. I know right, simply divine!

Anyway, I think people these days are more alone, not physical but more of emotional. (Or is that just me?)

After finishing my finance long test earlier this afternoon, I rushed to the mall to buy myself a comfort item to get de-stressed - leopard print fluffy bedroom slippers.

There's something in buying new stuff that postpones this loneliness, but after quite some time, it rushes back and you're stuck in this black hole of depression. long sigh...

By the way, if anyone has a copy of Heights' latest art portfolio, can you check if my painting, "Plato's Allegory of the Cave," got featured in the magazine? Thank you!

No comments: