Dec 31, 2011

One Day

One more day till 2012 - the year which they say will be the end of the world as we know it. Coincidentally, I just finished watching the film One Day. No, this won't be a film review or some philosophical analysis of present implications of the film. 

It's just that something weird happened very recently and I'm not sure how to react. I'm not even sure if a reaction is solicited. Like what I said to a friend, it's more of a natural reaction than a choice. So while watching Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess smooching over stunning backdrops, I can't keep my mind off that certain event. Don't worry, it's meant to be vague. I'm also really confused.


The poster above reminds me of a photo I just hung in my room by Alfred Eisenstaedt taken in 1945 (below).  Beautiful, isn't it? It came from LIFE's The Classic Collection which contains iconic ready-to-frame photos in around six by eight inches big. I immediately bought a frame for it and now it's hanging in my room. I can't even take my eyes off it.


Cheers to 2012! For a new year, and a new life!

No comments: