Dec 18, 2011

Ahoy, Mateys!

Eye patch, check! Sword, check! Faux mustache and goatee, check! Hat filled with feathers, check! Pirate accent... uhm, I won't even bother. It was a night of merry making as our company celebrated its annual Christmas party in a pirate ship docked in Manila Ocean Park just a week ago. 


You can tell that the venue was really prepped up with styro cannons and treasure chests, sea creatures sticking out on the walls and fish nets hanging from the ceiling. It's like walking into the set of Pirates of the Carribean without the icy spray of the sea.




Of course it wouldn't be complete with us donning our pirate costumes. Some of my friends had their costumes made, others improvised with what they can find in department stores. Personally, I had to go to Camp Suki just to make sure I won't look kawawa on the event.


Here I am (below) with some of my Atenean friends (Jill - mermaid, Gillian - pirate, me - Captain Hook / Santa Claus, Olivia - parrot). Come to think of it, in a party with around 300 people, I think 30 of us were Ateneans! It's like a college party all over again.

Well, unfortunately for me, the parrot took home the crown of the best dressed "pirate" of the evening. Via told me that she and her dad were the ones who made the costume!


Below is the big boss, Sir Walter who is looking like Father Christmas himself.


I think the highlight of the night was the mermaid show. Three of these magnificent creatures did some aqua aerobics for like 15 minutes, and I have to say, they look really graceful in that giant tank filled with man eating marine life. Good thing they have their magic to contain these animals. The picture below is a proof of how little 'Little Mermaid' really is. 




Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll be able to still join them next year since everything has been really stressful with work. I just hope that it will be as creative as this year's Christmas party!;)

-photos from Geraldine's facebook album

No comments: