Dec 20, 2011

On Fire

Haven't got one drop of caffeine in my blood but my heart has been racing the whole day because of what will happen tomorrow! I won't even go to work because I'm so psyched! At around 7pm, three cars will be deployed around Metro Manila to give out food, toys and chocolates to less fortunate families. This will be the first time I'll be doing this, but A Different Christmas Carol has been around for the last two years since it was founded by one class in my high school three batches lower. Imagine a bunch of high school boys who, out of their own initiative, decided to go beyond themselves to do good to random strangers.

I remember reading from my college's Filipino magazine a line from its current president, Fr. Jet Villarin: "Sana 'pag dinibdib 'yong pagiging Atenista, makita na 'yong misyon, mas malawak kaysa sa sariling pangarap, sariling ambisyon." This really hit me hard because it reminded me of how passionate and idealistic we all were back in college. It's like I want the values of my school to extend beyond its walls and infect the rest of the country. I won't say that my idealism has died down, but it has become more passive these days.

I really can't wait for tomorrow! The brains behind Manila Kid will be helping us together with the friends of the original founders of I'mABosco. Now, excuse me while I wrap the toys and chocolates;)

No comments: