Aug 29, 2009

Au Revoir Mes Amis!

More than a dozen of my blockmates/friends have left, is leaving and will be leaving around this time of the month. Most of them to France, some to Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China and Germany. (did i miss anyone?)

They'll be there for more or less five months to complete their junior term abroad, tour europe and learn a thing or two about european party culture (spending around half a million to a million pesos), while I fabulously stay and fan myself in this cold-forsaken country.
So... good luck to them and may Krista finally find a hot STRAIGHT BOYfriend:D haha!

===================================================================
Just a couple of words of wisdom from my good friend Nietzsche: "Every step forward is made at the cost of mental and physical pain to someone."


I cited this because while watching a musical last week, some guy said at the stage that, "Atenenista kayo dahil maraming naghihirap. Atenista kayo dahil maraming nagugutom." I received that with a raised eyebrow.


But what he said was true. Tumalab at totoong totoo. Ang laki ng agwat ng mayayaman sa mahihirap. I can even cite gazillion examples of social inequalities, and I don't even have to go far.
===================================================================
To whom much is given, much is required.


Pardon me for being preachy, but I hope more people will contribute to national development - alleviate people, even just kids, from our torturous society, rather than just work for their personal / family gain.


Naawa kasi ako dun sa batang babaeng nanlilimos sa kalye na hit and run last night:((

No comments: