Mar 20, 2013

Reunification Palace

The pictures you see below is where the seat of power in Vietnam used to be. This was their own version of the Malacanang palace, but now, it's just a museum. Man, my host, took me here during my second day and I was able to see the opulence of Vietnam as displayed during the 1960s or 70s.








In the basement, you can see the former warroom of the president which was used during the Vietnamese-American war. My tour guide told us that the basement will survive no matter how hard the bombing may be above.








More history for you: formerly known as Independence Palace, it was the home and workplace of the President of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War. It was the site of the end of the Vietnam War during the Fall of Saigon on April 30, 1975, when a North Vietnamese Army tank crashed through its gates. - Wikipedia

I'm not sure if the president this time had kids. It must have been very stressful to have him as the father because their house, government offices and war rooms are woven together in one palace.

No comments: