Nov 3, 2010

First Day at the Eco Conference


There were lots of excitement on the first day as delegates and representatives from Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other Asian countries met for this Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) Conference. It’s like a three day PlanSem for the next steps of GEN because we need to come up with concrete projects for each country to make our presence felt.



Honestly, there isn’t much going on for NextGEN (the youth division) because the main leaders from Scotland are not updating us. If you still don’t know, I’m the Representative of the Philippines for NextGEN. I’m really new (and is actually the youngest among all) so I’m not sure on what to do. They are asking me to think of proposals.




The problem is, I’m not sure if I’d want to pursue this thing. There are a lot of things going on for me: I’m doing well on my Marketing interviews with P&G, there’s also the fashion industry which i think will welcome me if i decided to pursue it, then there’s an artistic side of me inclined to graphic art and advertising. I love the environment, no doubt, but right now, I’m not so sure which track to take.




My lifestyle outside this ecovillage thing is totally different because my family and friends loves to shop and consume, they also like meat a lot (and these people are vegetarian) so psychologically speaking, there’s this internal dissonance going on.




I hope the next few days, my thoughts on what I’d want to do after graduation. I don’t want to multi task much because I want to be focused on something and grow with it.









No comments: